I would like to know I can get notifications when my watch is completely disconnected from my phone (bluetooth and wi-fi).
    04-27-2017 11:22 AM
    It depends on the watch. If the watch is able to connect to Wi-Fi by itself, such as a Samsung Gear S2 Classic, then it will pull in notifications, as long as the phone is connected to "a" network, not necessarily the same network.
    04-27-2017 04:26 PM
    I have a Gear S3.

Thanks but I already know how the phone and watch are connected. What I asked was can the watch NOTIFY me when the phone moves out of range?

While smartphone thefts are on the decline, over 3 million smartphones are lost each year as per consumer reports.

Smartphone Thefts on the Decline - Consumer Reports

Having a wearable that would notify you when you leave your phone behind would reduce this tremendously while increasing "smartwatch" sales. We should be able to set a notification for a bluetooth disconnect and another notification for a total disconnect.

Android Wear had had this ability for years as per the Feel The Wear app. This is the main reason I'm hesitant to keep the Gear S3 after the 14 day return policy ... even though it is the best watch ... based on a platform that is doomed to fail (think beta-max) ... TIZEN.

So then, can this be done on the Gear S3 or is this a "dumbwatch"?
    04-30-2017 10:36 AM
    Ahh, I misread your question.
    The only "notification" that my S2 does is a light buzz when BT disconnects, no other notification.

Android Wear seems to have an app for it, but I haven't seen anything for Tizen.
    Make sure your phone is never lost again with Wear Aware | Android Central
    05-01-2017 08:11 AM