How can I recover my pictures on my Fried s6 edge?

A

AC Question

I had a s6 Edge and it froze and wont turn on. I took it to the phone carrier and his exact words "it's fried". I am stressing because I can not retrieve all my pictures of my children. When I hook the s6 edge up to the charger, no life. When I plug it into the USB no connection. Did my picture automatically back up in a google drive and if so how can I recover them on my new s8 or on my PC? Or did I really lose all of my pictures? Please help!!

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I had a s6 Edge and it froze and wont turn on. I took it to the phone carrier and his exact words "it's fried". I am stressing because I can not retrieve all my pictures of my children. When I hook the s6 edge up to the charger, no life. When I plug it into the USB no connection. Did my picture automatically back up in a google drive and if so how can I recover them on my new s8 or on my PC? Or did I really lose all of my pictures? Please help!!

So it just suddenly froze and shut down? No prior drops, exposure to water, damage , etc? Did you take it to a phone repair shop and ask them to check it out? If you took it to a carrier he more than likely doesn't know what he's talking about. Have you tried hooking it up to the original adaptive fast charger and cord that came with the phone? If so have you held power & home down for 30 sec while on the charger? What about power, home, volume up while on the charger? If you tired those and still nothing then I'd say you're out of luck, unless you use Google Photos with Automatic Backup turned on, or you used Samsung Cloud with the Automatic Backup of pictures turned on in settings. Maybe some else here in the forms knows something I don't, but at the moment your chances of recovering your photos is pretty slim. I'm sorry that this happened to you. Hopefully something will work and you can get them back.