My phone was Hacked in Washington DC this week

A

AC Question

while in a bar waiting for friends I was looking at facebook. the I got a message saying an unidentified wifi id was attempting to connect to my phone. I turned it off. a few hours later I turned it on and a game from rock city - like candy crush started to play - I have never played a game on my phone. now it looks like there are some contacts in my phone list to call and give my pin number, check my bank balance, etc. how do I get rid of this and what should I of now. the contacts said they are call only and can not be deleted, but can be hidden.
HELP !

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

If you truly had an unidentified Wi-Fi/IP/ID attempting to access the device this should be taken VERY seriously. Here's what I would recommend for next steps:

1. Change your Google account password immediately to something very different from the previous password.
2. If you had any financial apps (banking, stocks, etc...) on the device these should be removed temporarily.
3. Did you have any notes on the device showing personal passwords? If so, those accounts will need their password changed as well.
4. I'd make sure you have what you need backed up (pictures most likely) and factory reset the device. You cannot be too careful when approaching your personal information.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20