Just got a Huawei Honor 8 64g and a 128g micro SD card....I want to store my pictures and videos on the card, how can I transfer them to the card? I've went through settings and the files app and can't seem to figure it out. Also what does "setting default storage tosd card" really do?
    05-01-2017 12:12 PM
    You need to do two things:

(1) update your camera app settings to store your new photos/videos on the SD card, assuming your camera app lets you do this. This is the "setting default storage to sd card".

(2) move your old photos/videos to the SD card:
    Using a File browser app:
    - navigate to the SD card and create the folders to hold the files
    - COPY (not MOVE) file files to the SD card
    - restart the phone to flush the file buffers to the SD card and kick-start the media indexing service
    - verify that the file did correctly copy to the SD card
    - delete the old files from the internal storage
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-01-2017 03:14 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Setting default storage to SD is usually for file downloads, but it might also instruct apps to save data to the SD card instead of internal storage (assuming the apps have that capability). I'm not sure if that would include the Camera app -- you should follow ManiacJoe's advice on how to change the Camera's default storage location.

I'd encourage you to take advantage of Google Photos auto-backup, and not rely on the SD card as your sole storage for important data like your photos: https://support.google.com/photos/an...DAndroid&hl=en
    05-01-2017 03:39 PM
    Move contacts, photos and videos from phone to sd card
    05-05-2019 03:05 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you read through this thread? Look at ManiacJoe's post above.

I don't think you can move contacts to the SD card. They're saved to an SQL database file in a protected system directory, so it's up to the system to decide where it's saved.
    05-05-2019 03:19 AM