Can i swap a smashed digitizer with one from another used phone? Samsung s4.

A

AC Question

Remote screen unlocking - Samsung

So after having recently had my LCD screen completely broken and lost all my data (Didnt have the Samsung 'find my mobile' set up) I am pretty keen to have my new S6 Active fully backed up and accessible remotely. The main issue i had with my old S4 is that the screen is locked. I understand that there is a feature on 'find my mobile' where you can remotely unlock the screen, however when i log in i cannot find it?

The phone is a Samsung S6 Active. I have logged in and set up find my phone on both my google and my samsung account.

I would appreciate any help in finding this so i dont lose all my data next time i bust my phone.

Thanks

Dan

A

AC Question

Hey peeps.

So i smashed my phone, it has a screen lock and i am 99% sure the USB debugging option isnt on, sweet.

So my question is if i can get a cheap used Samsung S4 that works, can i remove the digitizer/screen and put it onto my S4 to unlock the screen and recover the data? Functionality isnt a huge issue, i just need to unlock the thing to recover my data.

Cheers

Dan

Dantastic1985

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Wouldnt they need a spare digitizer though?

I live in Costa rica, the spares market here is ridiculously expensive, $160 for a digitizer on a phone i paid $120 for in Sept 15! haha. I will have to wait to go back the 1st world i think.

But in theory i could swap an old digitizer onto my phone so long as its functional?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Remote screen unlocking - Samsung

Well, we have an ex-repairer on the volunteer team, who has mentioned such things on other occasions. The digitiser would be a part of the display.

I think that you could also swap the parts as you describe, given the right tools and skill, and guidance from online repair videos on YouTube for example.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey peeps.

So i smashed my phone, it has a screen lock and i am 99% sure the USB debugging option isnt on, sweet.

So my question is if i can get a cheap used Samsung S4 that works, can i remove the digitizer/screen and put it onto my S4 to unlock the screen and recover the data? Functionality isnt a huge issue, i just need to unlock the thing to recover my data.

Cheers

Dan

Chances are no. You'll most likely break the digitizer when trying to take it off.