So after having recently had my LCD screen completely broken and lost all my data (Didnt have the Samsung 'find my mobile' set up) I am pretty keen to have my new S6 Active fully backed up and accessible remotely. The main issue i had with my old S4 is that the screen is locked. I understand that there is a feature on 'find my mobile' where you can remotely unlock the screen, however when i log in i cannot find it?

The phone is a Samsung S6 Active. I have logged in and set up find my phone on both my google and my samsung account.

I would appreciate any help in finding this so i dont lose all my data next time i bust my phone.

Thanks

Dan
    05-03-2017 10:35 AM
    Hey peeps.

So i smashed my phone, it has a screen lock and i am 99% sure the USB debugging option isnt on, sweet.

So my question is if i can get a cheap used Samsung S4 that works, can i remove the digitizer/screen and put it onto my S4 to unlock the screen and recover the data? Functionality isnt a huge issue, i just need to unlock the thing to recover my data.

Cheers

Dan
    05-03-2017 10:47 AM
    🏻*♂️
    Probably, but a friendly repairer might connect a display temporarily, which may be cheaper and easier.
    05-03-2017 12:02 PM
    Wouldnt they need a spare digitizer though?

I live in Costa rica, the spares market here is ridiculously expensive, $160 for a digitizer on a phone i paid $120 for in Sept 15! haha. I will have to wait to go back the 1st world i think.

But in theory i could swap an old digitizer onto my phone so long as its functional?
    05-04-2017 04:32 PM
    Well, we have an ex-repairer on the volunteer team, who has mentioned such things on other occasions. The digitiser would be a part of the display.

I think that you could also swap the parts as you describe, given the right tools and skill, and guidance from online repair videos on YouTube for example.
    05-04-2017 04:56 PM
    Hey peeps.

So i smashed my phone, it has a screen lock and i am 99% sure the USB debugging option isnt on, sweet.

So my question is if i can get a cheap used Samsung S4 that works, can i remove the digitizer/screen and put it onto my S4 to unlock the screen and recover the data? Functionality isnt a huge issue, i just need to unlock the thing to recover my data.

Cheers

Dan
    Chances are no. You'll most likely break the digitizer when trying to take it off.
    05-04-2017 05:27 PM