Ok I have a stash of FLAC music on my external drive but can't find an automatic solution to transferring tracks to my HTC M8 android mobile in a RANDOM manner.

My setup is Windows 10 machine, I then use Winamp to interface with my HTC M8. Unfortunately Winamp won't copy/transfer songs to my HTC M8 in random manner it transfers songs in linear manner.

What I want is a software that will randomly select from my music archive and transfer to my smartphone. Anyone know of Windows software that can do this?
    05-04-2017 12:58 PM
    Just so we understand your desires....

You do not want to copy ALL your music to the phone.
    You want to randomly select some of the music files on the computer and copy only that random selection to the phone.
    Correct?

Sounds like the problem you have is that your phone has limited storage space and you want to refresh the music files with a new set every now and then.
    Correct?

Given the limitations of the software you are using, I would do it this way:
    - randomly select some of the music files
    - copy those files to a temporary folder on the computer
    - use winamp to copy all the files from the temp folder to the phone
    The hard part is creating the random selection, which I have no solution for.
    mwake4goten likes this.
    05-04-2017 06:40 PM
    Just so we understand your desires....

You do not want to copy ALL your music to the phone.
    You want to randomly select some of the music files on the computer and copy only that random selection to the phone.
    Correct?

Sounds like the problem you have is that your phone has limited storage space and you want to refresh the music files with a new set every now and then.
    Correct?

Given the limitations of the software you are using, I would do it this way:
    - randomly select some of the music files
    - copy those files to a temporary folder on the computer
    - use winamp to copy all the files from the temp folder to the phone
    The hard part is creating the random selection, which I have no solution for.
    Thank you for your patient reply...I have already considered that considered that...I wanted a solution that could automatically and randomly select from my external drive and transfer without user intervention...looks like this is not possible....

For the record i have about 500GB of music so it would be very laborious task to go through each folder searching for tracks lol anyways thanks again for trying to help.
    05-04-2017 08:08 PM