I was in the beta program with 7.1.2, I left the beta program once 7.1.2 went GA. I had Android assistant, and lost it when I left beta. When leaving beta your device gets reset, and the GA version of 7.1.2 was applied. I'm fully up to date, running may security update, nothing I do gives me Google Assistant. I've been assistantless for a month now. I've tried joining the Beta for Play services, resetting my device. Nothing brings it back.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    05-07-2017 08:15 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Open the Google app, then tap Menu>Settings. Is there anything there about Google Assistant?
    05-08-2017 10:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Open the Google app, then tap Menu>Settings. Is there anything there about Google Assistant?
    Nope, and when looking at my build prop can tell it's not enabled. It's like I somehow got left behind. I'd really prefer not to have to root to do this. I had it!
    05-10-2017 10:28 PM
    Are the Google app and Google Play Services up to date? My Google app version is 7.2.16.21, and my Play Services is 10.2.98.

Thanks for registering -- when you get a chance, head over to the Introductions forum and tell us something about yourself! http://forums.androidcentral.com/introductions/
    05-11-2017 01:39 AM
    Are the Google app and Google Play Services up to date? My Google app version is 7.2.16.21, and my Play Services is 10.2.98.
    Hi Diddy,

Yes, everything is up to date, I even joined the play services beta in hopes that would give me Google Assistant. Nothing.

I'm starting to think about rooting but run AirWatch for work email that will likely stop working on a rooted phone.

What a pain. I had Assistant before leaving the N beta! I had it well integrated to my smart home. Sigh.

Paul
    05-18-2017 05:43 AM
    How about contacting Google Support directly from your phone to ask about this? Go to Settings, then tap the Support tab. You should have an option for Phone or Chat.
    05-18-2017 10:41 AM
    Yup, done that, got the party line that they support the hardware not the software. Perhaps I'll try it again.
    05-19-2017 05:49 AM
    That's weird. Remind them that this is their own software, not some OEM's modification!

Anyway, it might be time to try reinstalling the firmware: How to manually update your Nexus or Pixel | Android Central
    05-20-2017 04:50 PM
    That's weird. Remind them that this is their own software, not some OEM's modification!

Anyway, it might be time to try reinstalling the firmware: How to manually update your Nexus or Pixel | Android Central
    For kicks I joined the O beta, that didn't bring Assistant back either, so perhaps you're right, manually installing Nougat might make the most sense. I'll leave the O beta in hopes that does it too.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-21-2017 05:14 AM