I tried changing my passcode to a 4 digit pin and I had to confirm it but when I tried using it after I set it the phone says it is incorrect. I am pretty positive I didn't fat finger the code. I have entered the code incorrectly 20+ times and never got an option to enter my gmail details because I am not connected to wifi. I did not have a samsung account before so it is not connected to my phone. I have contacted Verizon, Samsung, and Google. When I try ADM it says Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed. Anyone have any possible options besides a factory reset?? I just got back from my honeymoon and don't want to lose all of the memories.
    05-07-2017 08:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, you might be stuck. This crops up from time to time on the forums, and it's hard to know what went wrong. Android Device Manager is only useful if the phone didn't have a screen lock set up in the first place. I believe Samsung's Find My Mobile does allow you to remotely change the password, but you probably need to have a Samsung account that the phone is connected to.

You could try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition, although I doubt this will help. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21095
    05-08-2017 10:25 PM