What happened to my memos after I got a new phone?

A

AC Question

My LG G4 was stuck on the Powered by Android screen. I was sent a replacement. After removing the SIM card and battery from the old phone and putting them in the replacement, I no longer had any of my pictures that were not on my Google cloud, and my Quick Memos were all gone. I signed in thinking that would work and 4 memos that I deleted showed up and none of them were the memos I was looking for. I've lost like 8 memos and I have no idea what went wrong and how to avoid this when I switch phones again. Because my phone died, I wasn't in any position where I could even try to email myself the memos. I can't even figure out how to sign out of Quick Memos. This makes me not want to use this app ever again. I had memos that I thought would be accessible later only to find out, poof they are gone.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My LG G4 was stuck on the Powered by Android screen. I was sent a replacement. After removing the SIM card and battery from the old phone and putting them in the replacement, I no longer had any of my pictures that were not on my Google cloud, and my Quick Memos were all gone. I signed in thinking that would work and 4 memos that I deleted showed up and none of them were the memos I was looking for. I've lost like 8 memos and I have no idea what went wrong and how to avoid this when I switch phones again. Because my phone died, I wasn't in any position where I could even try to email myself the memos. I can't even figure out how to sign out of Quick Memos. This makes me not want to use this app ever again. I had memos that I thought would be accessible later only to find out, poof they are gone.

Sounds like it wasn't synced recently. Which is why you are seeing your old info but not the recent

Shareta Rippatoe

May 8, 2017
Visit site
I have pressed the sync button and nothing new happens. Are you telling me that maybe I didn't sync on my old phone and that's why I have no files? My phone is on a scheduled sync, shouldn't everything sync?

My calendar didn't even sync so something is off. My mom also has a new phone yet all of her files and calendar apointments were saved. I need to know what I'm doing wrong to not have any of my files, pictures, and calendar items that are saved actually transfer to my new phone. I also wanted to know if there is still a way to get my Quick Memos retrieved. I thought the SIM card was the "brain" of saved files and I could find what was on my old phone.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have pressed the sync button and nothing new happens. Are you telling me that maybe I didn't sync on my old phone and that's why I have no files? My phone is on a scheduled sync, shouldn't everything sync?

My calendar didn't even sync so something is off. My mom also has a new phone yet all of her files and calendar apointments were saved. I need to know what I'm doing wrong to not have any of my files, pictures, and calendar items that are saved actually transfer to my new phone. I also wanted to know if there is still a way to get my Quick Memos retrieved. I thought the SIM card was the "brain" of saved files and I could find what was on my old phone.

Something could have been off with your sync on your old phone. It sounds like it was not up to date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol