Haven't really tracked this with my tabs 12.2 & 10.1 (2014). I have just observed that using the same cable/charger to charge a tab at similar levels of charge have given differing time to charge with the only difference seemingly being the battery's temperature. Coincidence or does temp have an impact?
    05-08-2017 10:16 AM
    There is really alot of science that goes into battery temp, the short answer is yes but. The long answer is too long :P You dont want your battery too hot or the chemical reaction that causes the energy storage happens too violently which damages the battery. And no i dont mean catastrophic failure, but the excess heat damages the metal molecules slowly. This is what causes batteries over time to not be able to hold charge. But on the other hand you dont want the battery too cold or the molecules are physically slowed and it makes it more difficult for the reaction to take place. Which is why a weak battery cannot start a car in the winter. The molecules cannot move enough to generate enough energy.
    Fulani Filot and DennisOS2 like this.
    05-08-2017 10:45 AM
    One of the old reasons to charge a battery before it gets too low is because the battery would "learn" the excessively low state and think that it had a full charge when really it was a relatively low charge.
    DennisOS2 likes this.
    05-08-2017 10:47 AM
    There is really alot of science that goes into battery temp, the short answer is yes but. The long answer is too long You dont want your battery too hot or the chemical reaction that causes the energy storage happens too violently which damages the battery. And no i dont mean catastrophic failure, but the excess heat damages the metal molecules slowly. This is what causes batteries over time to not be able to hold charge. But on the other hand you dont want the battery too cold or the molecules are physically slowed and it makes it more difficult for the reaction to take place. Which is why a weak battery cannot start a car in the winter. The molecules cannot move enough to generate enough energy.
    Awesome answer!
    05-08-2017 11:15 AM