Google Search, Google Now/Now Cards & Gboard Voice Input Fail Simultaneously

A

AC Question

I have a LG G4 - and for about a month now Google Search, Google Now (and Google Cards,) "OK Google," holding the Home key for Google Now and Gboard Voice Input all fail simultaneously.

A rebooting cures all of them temporarily - but all of these only work for a few minutes before they all fail.

Other symptoms include my notifications indicating I have Google Cards - but if you click on it - no cards come up. Trying to use Gboard Voice input causes the the dialog box to read "Initializing..." but after a several seconds - it disappears. I can always access the settings in Google Search - including the Voice section -but trying to re-record "OK Google" hangs - unless I do that re-boot; then I have a chance to re-record it - but it is ultimately subject to the same failure. There seems to be a common thread here in that some kind of Google service(s) seem to fail - I just can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance for any/all input.

reMarkable#AC

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy for sharing your thoughts.

I don't think it's a server-side outage - because as I've researched it further, if I reboot the device - the problem is immediately cured for anywhere between 15 minutes to a whole day. Ultimately though, it breaks again. I did try rebooting twice into Safe Mode - and that actually does not fix it.

Thanks again for any/all ideas about this.