My Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini isn't turning on anymore, please help me fix it

A

AC Question

This is my first on this website, so if you lack any information, feel free to ask and I will respond whenever I can.

So my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini was charging on the wall, I can remember it being at a reasonable ~65% charge. I left to eat dinner and when I came back and wanted to unplug my phone, it was black and completely irresponsive. I thought this was strange because there was no way it lost enough power to shut down. I tried to take out and re-insert the battery, but to no avail. I tried charging it somewhere else, on my pc, but still no sign of life. It doesn't even give the usual 'buzz' it should give when just powering on, so factory reset hasn't been an option yet. Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong with my phone and if there is a way to fix it? Thanks!

Hapap123

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Yea, I just ordered a battery online. It's not the official Samsung thing, but it will do.

I hope it was a battery issue, then I will be able to use my phone again tomorrow. If not... well I guess I've had this one for a little too long.

Hapap123

May 9, 2017
Visit site
It hasn't worked so far. I put in the new battery and plugged in the charger, but it didn't even begin to charge. Looks like it wasn't a battery problem. Is there anything else I can try before geting a new phone, because I'd rather have kept this one for a little longer. Could it be that the power button is stuck or something? It doesn't feel like it, but maybe that could be an explanation for the sudden 'death' of my mobile phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Although a replacement battery should come at least 50% charged, some might come depleted of charge. Before you write off this new battery, plug the phone into a wall outlet for at least 6 hours undisturbed, then try powering on by pressing and holding Power for 10-15 seconds again.

If it doesn't work, then you're right, it could be the power button, or worse yet, something on the motherboard. You'd have to bring it to a repair shop to diagnose that. A power button repair is probably relatively cheap compared to replacing the motherboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks