overcharge phone?

A

AC Question

I try not to over charge my phone but I heard the wireless charger is better in the long run plus less strain on battery life is this true? Is it bad for the battery overtime if you keep on over charging it? What wireless charger do you guys recommend thanks.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
You shouldn't be able to over-charge modern smart phones. At least most of them that is, I'm sure there are cheaper models that can't shut off the current once full. You see, lithium-ion batteries are the current srandard, and are much better than the older nickle-cadmium batteries, and smart phones now have the capibility to either stop the current it receives or alternativley switch to cycling the incoming current rather than continuing to engorge it's self. You probably don't need to worry about over-charging now that modern standards are much higher, and more importantly, safer.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! With current phones these days, it's near impossible to overcharge them. Once they reach 100% capacity, they will stop charging even if they are plugged in. Don't worry! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol