How to disable messaging app going to last conversation

A

AC Question

Hi,
is there a way i can disable messaging going to last conversation?
I want it to just show conversations list, and not opening the message of the last person i 've been messaging.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you open the Messaging app and go to its settings, are there any options there to choose what it does when you open it? Also, how are you opening the Messaging app -- by tapping the shortcut on the homescreen, or by tapping a notification in the notification panel or lockscreen?

Thanks for registering -- when you get a chance, head over to the Introductions forum and tell us something about yourself! Introductions

Milosjanic52

May 9, 2017
Visit site
That's the first thing i did, but there's no option for that in the settings.
I m opening the app by tapping the shortcut.
Seems like a pretty basic and necessary option to have, app jumping to last conversation is quite annoying.

Milosjanic52

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Well, yes, if i exit the app with the back button tapping it twice, next time i reopen it will go to the conversation list.
I guess i have to get used to tap back button twice, instead of home button.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good call by @Javier P! That makes sense -- exiting an app by tapping the Home button will pause that app in the background in the state it was when you left it. As long as the system doesn't have to close the app out of RAM (i.e., if you open some big app and the system decides to close Messaging to free up RAM), then the next time you open it, it will be how you left it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Good call by @Javier P! That makes sense -- exiting an app by tapping the Home button will pause that app in the background in the state it was when you left it. As long as the system doesn't have to close the app out of RAM (i.e., if you open some big app and the system decides to close Messaging to free up RAM), then the next time you open it, it will be how you left it.
Yeah, that's exactly how Android works and I'm afraid there's no much you can do to change that behaviour. This a great article about android and multitasking.

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2010/04/multitasking-android-way.html?m=1

Milosjanic52

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Yup, i m aware that it stays in the RAM and enables you to get back fast to previous apps you used, which is mostly a positive thing. I would just like to have an option to disable it for messaging.
Thanks for the help :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20