Help: I broke my Moto Z Hasselblad Camera Mod!!

NYKrumrie

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm heart broken. I was using my Moto Z Force phone with the sweet Camera Mod with the real telescopic lens. I dropped the phone about 2 ft but the lens was extended out. I don't see anything broken but it does not extend or retracted anymore. It just makes a clicking sound as if its trying to move the lens. I contacted the Camera manufacturer but they don't service these Mods.
-Does anyone know of a company that can repair a Hasselblad True Zoom Mod?
-I have insurance on my phone & I bought the phone & the mod at the same time on the same credit card do you think there is anyway the insurance would cover the broken mad?
Thanks!

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi NYKrumrie!

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear the mod doesn't work anymore :(

Unfortunately, I think you'll be pretty hard pressed to find someone that will repair this mod. However, have you tried to contact Motorola directly instead of Hassleblad?

Regarding the insurance, if it was JUST purchased on the phone this will not be covered. However, if it was from a retailer who offers additional warranties (like Best Buy for example), and it was purchased for the Camera Mod, you would be in good shape for a replacement.

Lastly, if you strike out in these 2 areas, you can try listing the mod on eBay for not working/parts. You might be able to recoup a little of the money spent on the mod, and its also a great place to purchase a replacement at a discounted rate.

Best of luck!

NYKrumrie

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for getting back to me so quick. I can't believe I broke it. I switched from an iPhone specifically to use the Moto Z cus I see the Mods as the new direction of cell phones. I use the camera on my phone more that as a phone so the camera mod was perfect! But now I broke mine & its $300 for a new one. That's twice what I paid for the phone! It looks like they are at least $200 on ebay. I guess I'll have a wait & hope the market drives the price dow :-(

Benjamintorr

Mar 20, 2019
Visit site
I'm heart broken. I was using my Moto Z Force phone with the sweet Camera Mod with the real telescopic lens. I dropped the phone about 2 ft but the lens was extended out. I don't see anything broken but it does not extend or retracted anymore. It just makes a clicking sound as if its trying to move the lens. I contacted the Camera manufacturer but they don't service these Mods.
-Does anyone know of a company that can repair a Hasselblad True Zoom Mod?
-I have insurance on my phone & I bought the phone & the mod at the same time on the same credit card do you think there is anyway the insurance would cover the broken mad?
Thanks!

The same thing happend to me, And the worst part, is that someone else dropped it, not me. Has anyone have succesfully getting it repaired??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2