Need to reboot phone from forgotten pin code and unable to wipe all data and cache

A

AC Question

So I've tried rebooting a few times, but the phone doesn't have the wipe all data and cache option only wipe data, it's a oppo model A1601 android, can anyone help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that you did a regular reboot (i.e., powered it off and then on), or a factory data reset?

A regular reboot will do nothing if you forgot your PIN. A factory data reset done from the Recovery Menu will still require you to enter your Google username and password after the reset is finished, since it will be considered an unauthorized factory reset. You remember your Google password, right?

Gezza99

May 11, 2017
Visit site
I have tried a factory reset, but It doesn't have an option to wipe all data and cache only just data which means the pins stays, I also didn't have it long enough to enter a google account

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Gezza99

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Correct, Iam following those instructions but like I said earlier it doesn't have the cache wipe option only data when I press wipe data it says all things will be wiped besides text messages something else and password

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't quite make sense to me, because the Wipe Data option in the Recovery menu is a hard factory reset. All data should be removed. What happens when you proceed with that option?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you show a screenshot of the screen that's asking you for this password or PIN? Is it possible it's asking for a PIN to unlock the SIM and not the phone?

gaelic_man

Jul 15, 2018
Visit site
Hi. Phone is locked with pass code and also when I boot into recovery and try to wipe data and cache it asks for pass code again when i hit wipe data button. Any help would be appreciated as I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Thanks.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781