Bluetooth Mouse

A

AC Question

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I purchased a Logitech MX Master bluetooth mouse to use with my Android 7.0 smartphone.

I successfully paired the mouse with my smartphone and can navigate around the phone no problem. However I can't get the virtual keyboard to appear when I want to type something in (text messaging/web browsing/Whatsapp etc).

It looks like the phone has identified the mouse as a keyboard instead of a mouse and hense won't provide me with a keyboard to type on.

I have a really cheap £10 mouse which works absolutely fine, but not my £70 Logitech mouse!

I have tried just about every option in the phones input settings section and nothing has worked.

Does anybody have any suggestion?

Thanks,

Mark

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I've seen some suggestions that using a 3rd party keyboard like Swiftkey might work.

Also, try going to Settings>Language & Input, and see if there's an option for Current Input Method. If so, make sure it's not set to Physical Keyboard.

Which phone do you have?

fushia15

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Thank you very much for your reply, the phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

I've tried just about everything, its a shame Logitech just say the phone isn't designed for Android yet at £72 for the mouse and with bluetooth capability it should work with a smartphone. As i say, my cheap £10 bluetooth mouse works absolutely fine with my smartphone. The curser works fine, just cant get a virtual keyboard to pop up.

Thanks,

Mark

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech