My phone does this sometimes. Starts up apps without my prompting them. While the phone is locked and as I sleep.

This morning, however, I'd woken up to maybe 10 applications running in the background. Including Contacts, Gmail, browser and IM platforms. Surely this isn't normal? Even if humidity was a contributing factor. I'd never had that many opened at the one time, as I typically close them a few at a time.
    05-11-2017 06:04 PM
    A lot of apps will do that. If you have Gmail set to synch every five minutes, it's going to wake up and synch every five minutes. Apps will quietly sit in the background just in case you want them. That's how android works, it remembers what you did last, and when you go back to that activity, it will come up fast as it anticipates what you want.
    Android is very efficient at managing itself, all those cleaner apps do more harm than good, some are actually malware (cheetah mobile), and the apps they stop, just start up again using more battery and resources.
    You can mostly stop background stuff by going to the settings of the app and turning off background process.
    You really need to go through settings and learn what they do, android is very hands on, you can tweak your device exactly how you want it to run, that's the beauty of the OS!
    05-11-2017 09:05 PM