Operating System Running Lollipop When it Should be Running Nougat!

A

AC Question

Any Android experts out there who can give me a hand? I've ordered international unlocked phones to work in the country of Nepal where I'll be moving to soon. The phones (Sony Xperia Z5 Compacts/E5823) should have the most recent Nougat (7)*update. Instead, the phones are running the Lollipop (5.1.1) update, and the phone is saying it is up to date. I've talked with Sony support, and they said there is nothing I can do. Surely there is, though!

One thing worth mentioning is that when I launched the three phones initially--2 from Ebay and one from Amazon, all in new unopened boxes--they concluded the set up sequence by telling me they were Google prototype models, and would be sending Google information about how they performed. Sony said they were not prototype models, but fully functioning Z5 Compacts... Sigh. Would love to hear your thoughts!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You didn't happen to capture a screenshot of that "prototype" message, did you? If not, try doing a factory reset and going through the setup again. It might help to show that screen to Sony or the sellers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Excellent. I would contact both the eBay seller and Amazon about this, and consider asking for an exchange (or refund), if it's important enough to you, and if there was no mention at all on the listings that this was a prototype phone.