Why wont my microphone on my apple headphones work?

A

AC Question

I just got a new phone the Huawei. I noticed when I tried calling friends on Skype, messenger, and just plaine calling them that they couldn't hear me. I have tried voice commands and they don't work as well. I have plugged in multiple pair of headphones with mics but none of them are working? Ive already tried a hard reset. Please help?

Zulfigar

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Because Apple likes to be different. Normal headphones with three black lines are Positive, Negative and Microphone, while with Apple it's Positive, Microphone and Negative.

Essentially what I'm saying is that you can't use Apple headsets with anything else, they're pripiatary to Apple.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
...I have plugged in multiple pair of headphones with mics but none of them are working? Ive already tried a hard reset. Please help?

The problem doesn't sound like anything a Factory Reset will fix, it's probably a hardware issue. Take a look at the plug end of the earbuds that came with your Huawei. It probably looks like this:
TRS_plug.jpg
Note there are three metal contacts separated by two insulators.
The plug end of those headphone/microphone probably looks more like this:
TRRS_plug.jpg
Note there are four metal contacts separated by three insulators.
If this is what you're seeing, than it's just a hardware mis-match issue. The headphone jack inside your Huawei has three corresponding metal contacts that match up directly with the metal contacts with the plug. That's a common industry standard -- ground, left channel, right channel. But a headset with a microphone requires at least four metal contacts -- ground, left channel, right channel, microphone.
So when you plug in those headset w/microphones, the plug end doesn't match up correctly with the jack -- the metal contacts cannot align themselves because the spacing is different, plus there is no microphone wiring at all in your Hauwei's headphone jack, it's by design only for audio output.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech