How to get silent mode on Android 7.1.1

A

AC Question

G'day, with my previous phone I used silent mode on a daily basis, I switched between silent and vibrate often. I recently got a new phone running Android 7.1.1 and discovered that silent mode has been replaced with "do not disturb" mode which doesn't function the same way as silent mode.. my problem is that I still want to receive ALL of my notifications, I just don't want any sound or vibration, but when do not disturb mode is enabled it stops some notifications from working. I've tried a lot of apps to make it work again, the closest I got was an app called SoundHUD which does function like it's putting the phone into silent mode but it's actually still putting the phone into do not disturb mode.. so my question is.. is there any way to get silent mode to work again? I'd prefer not to root my phone but I will if I need to because I've been using silent mode for the last 6 years and its part of how I use my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
You can toggle independently the sounds and notifications. Just pull down the quick settings menu and tap on the Speaker icon. Tap once, it will vibrate only, tap again will kill all sounds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital