Hello there, I forgot my Lenovo's password which is connected with my google account, I tried to lock it using android device manager and I saw tutorials of people whom locked their phone with a temporary simple password and were able to access it by typing the password that they did set through using device manager but when i tried to do the same i got this message: Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password that you entered won't be needed
    Is there anyway to access my android without formating it
    05-15-2017 01:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! ADM can only remotely set a password if the phone didn't already have one set. Since you set one and then forgot it, you can't use ADM to change it.

If the phone doesn't prompt you for your Google account and password after failing the unlock multiple times, then you're stuck with a factory reset. In the future, if you're prone to forgetting important information like your phone's password, I suggest writing it down physically on a piece of paper and keeping it somewhere secure, like a safe.
    05-16-2017 02:25 PM