Charging but not charging

A

AC Question

My samsung galaxy note 4 was working excellently for about half a year. Then, its battery started draining surprisingly fast, for example 40% in 20 minutes. I paid it no mind, deleted some apps and diligently put the rest to sleep as soon as I stopped using them. The problem persisted. As time went by, it would suddenly turn off at around 30, 40 percent and tell me the battery is at 0% when I turned it back on. Removing the battery and inserting it again gave me a small part of the original percentage, but never all of it. When this problem reached 60 and later 80 percent, I began carrying around a power bank, to prevent the battery from ever getting below 90%. I can't afford my phone to be off without my knowledge. So today, I saw that my phone had around 70%, so I decided to plug it into the wall at home, like I always do. The battery percentage went down as usual when I charge it, however, it did not stop at a number and then started charging. It turned off. I turned it back on and it didn't charge. The charging symbol was present, but the percentage didn't rise. I can't use it either, even if it's plugged in as it turns off the second I try to unlock my lock screen, due to 0% battery.
It's been two hours since that, the charging symbol is still present on my plugged in phone, however, the battery percentage is still at 0%. I have work in 7 hours and I don't know what to do since I can't use the essentials such as the alarm clock, the calendar, text messages and calls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae