Nexus 7 been getting slower every update. Every boot up is slow. every app takes minutes to load. By the time it does move 2 or 3 "taps" have buffered & try to execute. I close all but one app, usually chrome or youtube. They often give the message "do I want to wait or close"
    I tried two two different factory resets, neither help.
    I have not wanted to try rooting it, but if that will get it to run at a normal speed,
    Then I don't mind cus it pretty useless in it's present condition.
    any advice on the best way to root the tablet? I just using it to store camping and first aid/ CPR info. most is in kindle format or .PDF.

If I can get it to run properly I would also get a small solar charger for it.
    any suggestions on a good solar panel. Hopefully it not too much bigger than
    the tablet.
    05-15-2017 09:03 PM
    Nexus 7 been getting slower every update. Every boot up is slow. every app takes minutes to load. By the time it does move 2 or 3 "taps" have buffered & try to execute. I close all but one app, usually chrome or youtube. They often give the message "do I want to wait or close"
    I tried two two different factory resets, neither help.
    I have not wanted to try rooting it, but if that will get it to run at a normal speed,
    Then I don't mind cus it pretty useless in it's present condition.
    any advice on the best way to root the tablet? I just using it to store camping and first aid/ CPR info. most is in kindle format or .PDF.

If I can get it to run properly I would also get a small solar charger for it.
    any suggestions on a good solar panel. Hopefully it not too much bigger than
    the tablet.
    Personally I have had the same problem!

I did a Factory Reset to see if that helps, but so far it hasn't helped. Personally I am not sure if anything would help.
    05-15-2017 09:17 PM