I just got a new Moto G4 about a week or two ago after the charging port broke on my last one. Well...I went hiking yesterday and I dropped it in the creek....when I picked it up, it was still working fine as if nothing happened. But I immediately turned it off and took the back off of it.

After another few hours, I went home and let it sit in rice for a few hours. When I went to power it on, the blue screen came up with the red M logo. Then it would vibrate once, screen would go black and then the blue screen would appear again. And is would repeat this as if it was stuck on the starting up.

So I held down the power button and the down volume button to access the "reboot or recovery" screen, (not sure what you would call it. It's a black screen with the little android dude at the top and you can choose to power off the phone or factory rest, restore...etc)

Well I tried restore...that didnt work. I tried recovery...nothing...and then i just turned if off. (but when I plugged it in, it would still charge and you can see the charging screen)

Well my boyfriend played with in it in the morning and now the screen wont come on at all. It came on for him and then it turned off. It is still doing the vibrate thing though.

Does anyone know how to fix this or how i can access my pictures off this phone?
    05-16-2017 04:08 PM
    I believe Moto switched over to Google Photos on the G4. Have you tried accessing Google Photos from a web browser to see if any backed up automatically?

Photos.google.com

05-16-2017 05:55 PM
    Yeah I did, unfortunately none automatically backed up. I wanted to know if there was a way to use my computer to pull these photos off my device even if the device wont start up
    05-16-2017 07:47 PM
    Yeah I did, unfortunately none automatically backed up. I wanted to know if there was a way to use my computer to pull these photos off my device even if the device wont start up
    Hi Kalie,

If the device won't power on unfortunately not. Only way would be if they were on a SD card

I'm so sorry about the mishap! Wishing you the best of luck!
    05-19-2017 03:29 PM