Wifi Calling - LG G5 (H820) on MetroPCS

A

AC Question

I've got an unlocked AT&T LG G5 running on Cricket right now. I'd like to try MetroPCS to take advantage of their Wifi calling as Cricket won't offer it.

There is supposed to be a Wifi calling icon on the G5 to enable and set up wifi calling for AT&T users. The icon doesn't show up on my phone. Do you know if this particular device lacks the hardware, or is it possible that the sim card has anything to do whether the icon shows up.

AT&T has a tutorial on how to enable it and set it up, but I don't even have the icon.

Thanks,

Matt

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I've got an unlocked AT&T LG G5 running on Cricket right now. I'd like to try MetroPCS to take advantage of their Wifi calling as Cricket won't offer it.

There is supposed to be a Wifi calling icon on the G5 to enable and set up wifi calling for AT&T users. The icon doesn't show up on my phone. Do you know if this particular device lacks the hardware, or is it possible that the sim card has anything to do whether the icon shows up.

AT&T has a tutorial on how to enable it and set it up, but I don't even have the icon.

Thanks,

Matt
WiFi calling is typically a carrier feature. If it's unlocked and not a carrier device, it's likely your G5 doesn't have this feature.