What is the little "cloud" type icon on the top left corner of some of my pictures?

A

AC Question

When I'm browsing through my gallery, sometimes I'll find duplicate photos and one of the photo thumbnails has a sort of cloud icon with an arrow pointing up. The icon is very small and it's located in the top left of the photo thumbnail in the gallery. Usually happens after I download a photo from a text message and then move the photo from my download folder into my SD card DCIM\Misc folder where I store miscellaneous photos.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
to add to my question above, this is on a Samsung Galaxy S7
That is most likely your S7s cloud backup feature. I suggest looking for any apps that could be doing this. I'm on Verizon and their cloud backup app ships set to backup everything. Probably to trick people into buying more storage, I never used the app (because my Google Drive has over 500GB) but only noticed it when I kept recieving "Cloud storage almost full." notifications.

ronfc

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
When I'm browsing through my gallery, sometimes I'll find duplicate photos and one of the photo thumbnails has a sort of cloud icon with an arrow pointing up. The icon is very small and it's located in the top left of the photo thumbnail in the gallery. Usually happens after I download a photo from a text message and then move the photo from my download folder into my SD card DCIM\Misc folder where I store miscellaneous photos.

Your Cloud sync is probably enabled.

Attachments

• 42067.jpg
    42067.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 17