Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
    When I'm browsing through my gallery, sometimes I'll find duplicate photos and one of the photo thumbnails has a sort of cloud icon with an arrow pointing up. The icon is very small and it's located in the top left of the photo thumbnail in the gallery. Usually happens after I download a photo from a text message and then move the photo from my download folder into my SD card DCIM\Misc folder where I store miscellaneous photos.
    05-20-2017 09:16 PM
    to add to my question above, this is on a Samsung Galaxy S7
    05-20-2017 09:19 PM
    to add to my question above, this is on a Samsung Galaxy S7
    That is most likely your S7s cloud backup feature. I suggest looking for any apps that could be doing this. I'm on Verizon and their cloud backup app ships set to backup everything. Probably to trick people into buying more storage, I never used the app (because my Google Drive has over 500GB) but only noticed it when I kept recieving "Cloud storage almost full." notifications.
    05-20-2017 11:35 PM
    When I'm browsing through my gallery, sometimes I'll find duplicate photos and one of the photo thumbnails has a sort of cloud icon with an arrow pointing up. The icon is very small and it's located in the top left of the photo thumbnail in the gallery. Usually happens after I download a photo from a text message and then move the photo from my download folder into my SD card DCIM\Misc folder where I store miscellaneous photos.
    Your Cloud sync is probably enabled.
    Attached Thumbnails What is the little "cloud" type icon on the top left corner of some of my pictures?-42067.jpg  
    05-20-2017 11:47 PM