Why is the "Sleep" setting unclickable

A

AC Question

Phone: Huawei Nova Plus
Android Version: 7.0
I want to extend the time it takes for my phone screen to sleep but when I go to Settings --> Display --> Sleep, the sleep button is grayed out and I can't change the setting. It is stuck on 30 seconds.

mettle

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
A grateful Honor 8 owner who came across this post while trying to address the same issue. That simple inquiry into power-saving settings was the nudge I needed. I've switched in and out of power-saving modes in the past, just don't remember that particular "screen" setting getting stuck... thanks again.

stejohns

Apr 13, 2018
Visit site
My Honor 7 has 3 settings for sleep time, 15 sec, 30 sec, and 1 min. If I go to Settings->Battery and place the phone in any battery saving mode (this phone offers 2) then it sets the display sleep time to 15 seconds, and grays out that feature(under display), so I cannot change it. Take the phone out of battery saving mode and you will again be able to reset the sleep time. IMHO anything less than 1 min sleep time is annoying for web surfing or email reading, but maybe I'm a slow reader.:D

Ancient Kid

May 29, 2018
Visit site
I troubled this complaining issue of screen sleep time unreachable and found its answered point about some power saving mode activation, after resetting the same I freed off my trouble... thanx forum chit chat...

Martin Njenga

Sep 10, 2018
Visit site
Phone: Huawei Nova Plus
Android Version: 7.0
I want to extend the time it takes for my phone screen to sleep but when I go to Settings --> Display --> Sleep, the sleep button is grayed out and I can't change the setting. It is stuck on 30 seconds.

Still i dont know

Hi how can i get those picture back piz i

Last edited by a moderator:

Giuseppe Peonio

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
Click the battery power mode off
And you will be to reset the time for the inactivity mode
I just done it and work ok
But you will be not able to setting on the battery power on otherwise will automatically setting again on 30s.

Lacey Rinehart

Sep 21, 2019
Visit site
Have the same problem here aswell, it's stuck at 30 seconds.

Consider yourself lucky for getting 30 sec before your screen goes to sleep. I am only getting 15 sec once my phone hits 39%. Even if I am watching a video! It's gotta be a power saving function in my advanced settings or developer options. Hope you found your fix already!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae