Restoring whatsapp media

A

AC Question

My whatsapp media was locally deleted by a cleaning app. I have a backup in google drive from after the cleaning. I was wondering if the lost data is in this back up, or do i have to use a previous backup that is saved on my device.
Maybe i should mention that i can see the data in google photos, as all my photos are backed up on the cloud, whatsapp just cant seem to be able locate these photos (they look blury and i cant open them)
Also, if I delete whatsapp and reinstall it, will the local backups still be available? (The queation is - will the whatsapp folder still exsist?)

Thanks

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
My whatsapp media was locally deleted by a cleaning app.
Which cleaning app? It sounds like a bad one that needs to be uninstalled.

I have a backup in google drive from after the cleaning. I was wondering if the lost data is in this back up, or do i have to use a previous backup that is saved on my device.
If the backup was done after the deletes, the backup will not contain the files because the files did not exist at the time of the backup. You will need to restore the deleted files from a previous backup.

Maybe i should mention that i can see the data in google photos, as all my photos are backed up on the cloud, whatsapp just cant seem to be able locate these photos (they look blury and i cant open them)
For WhatsApp to see the photos, the photos need to be in the folder that WhatsApp placed them in.

Also, if I delete whatsapp and reinstall it, will the local backups still be available? (The queation is - will the whatsapp folder still exsist?)
Only the devs or support at WhatsApp can answer that question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo