Solved: how to stop facebook access /sync your photo Andriod

A

AC Question

I was frustrated with not able to stop this privacy violations, but could find the answer in all the forums. I finally work out how to do it and wants to share with everyone. (This is for Samsung7s)

-go to "Settings"
- pick "Applications"
- scroll down to "Facebook" & click
- pick "Permissions"
- pick "Storage" - swipe right hand side button to "turn off"

This worked for me, hope it works for you too!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for sharing with us, fb us very intrusive and this is one way to block this kind of nonsense.
I go through settings and block all permissions to all apps I don't absolutely need, and firewall everything.

drg28

May 26, 2017
Visit site
I went to facebook permissions and camera was not on. Does that mean that fb cannot grab my photos? How can I tell if it is or not? Does turning off storage change other functions of fb?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Some permissions are needed to enable the app to work and most are legit and innocent. If I'm not sure, I experiment. I turn off a permission and try the app. If it doesn't work, I turn it back on again. If you don't kill too many at once, you can eventually reach a happy medium.
Some things I leave off, enable them when I want them, then kill them again.. Keeps my paranoia happy ??????

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
The best way, imo, is delete the FB app and access from your favorite browser. You don't need to give any permissions of course.
I think in the last year it's obvious that your FB settings mean squat to FB. The app can, and has been caught with, data gathering with permissions off.
Why even bother with the app? The space it sucks up alone is reason to use a browser.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae