Why is my phone powering on briefly before switching off?

A

AC Question

I have just downloaded the latest update, and my Samsung S6 powers on (so that the lock screen picture is showing) for a second, and the powers off again. Then it powers on again...then off again...and so on.

Unable to access phone when it is on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kevin

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, Kevin! Do you have your important information, photos, etc backed up? It sounds like your phone may have a bootloop issue. Have you tried doing a soft reset (press Power and Volume Down buttons for about ten seconds until the phone restarts - don't worry, you won't lose any data!)?

schmoo27

May 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi Morty. Thanks for your reply; all data backed up as much as possible. Tried soft reset, but it keeps going back into bootloop. Tried factory reset as well, but nothing is working.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi Morty. Thanks for your reply; all data backed up as much as possible. Tried soft reset, but it keeps going back into bootloop. Tried factory reset as well, but nothing is working.

You're welcome. Glad you have the important stuff backed up. Looks like it's in a bootloop. How long have you had the phone? If it's still new, I recommend bringing it back as soon as possible; or even if it isn't, go to your local carrier and see what they can do for you in terms of a replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19