Iphone to android texts lost in the ether!

A

AC Question

My wife and her family all have iPhones (6 or 7). I have a Samsung s6+. Sometimes when any of them text multiple pictures I might receive only a portion. Sometimes 1 of 5 or 5 of 6 or 10 of 10. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it. It happens in indivual messages or group messages. My parents have note 5s and have the same problem receiving pictures from my wife. I know my wife is able to attach as many pictures as she wants on her iPhone to a text without trouble. I'm restricted to 1-3 on my samsung. I don't understand that difference or know if that has anything to do with it. As far as I've experienced, it's only from iPhone users and only with multiple pictures.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The default messaging system in the iPhone is iMessage, which is not compatible with non-apple phones.

For each of the iPhone users, you need to make sure that your contact entry in their phones is marked as "not iPhone" (whatever that term is, green vs blue).

Still, in many cases, you probably will not see all the pictures since many of the carriers limit the data parts of your text messages to something ridiculously small like 600KB.

In a cross-system environment, it might be best to have everyone use the same messaging service, maybe something like WhatsApp.