My sd card will not read in any way shape or form.

A

AC Question

I have had this sd card for a long time now with a few different phones. It has never had an issue until I did the most recent software update on my phone. Then everything on my memory card was wiped off of my phone. It will not read in my phone on my computer, in my tablet, or even in a friends phone. Not only that but now other sd cards wont read in my phone either. Not ones the same brand as my original one. However, different brands read. The thing is I don't care one ounce for that actual sd card. Just the photos, that should still be on there if it would read on any device. I can get a new sd card but I need the photos and videos off of my old one. I have lost family members and hold some of the only original photos of them. Baby pictures I cant get anywhere else.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The card has most likely failed. SD cards do not last forever, and can fail unexpectedly, so you should never rely on them as your sole storage for important data. You could try recovery software (https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...os/500142-guide-recovering-deleted-files.html), but if the computer can't even detect the card, then you may have to bring the card to a professional data recovery service (which probably costs a lot of money).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000