I wanted to expand my SD memory size, so I copied the 32g card, from my phone, onto my computer and then pushed that into the new 128g SD card. I had to unpartition the new card, because only 32g was available on it.
    Ever since I did this, some photos are grayed out, not available. The photos default to a file called 'camera' which is located on my SD card.

Maybe I did something funny with the formatting? Like maybe I formatted the SD card on Windows, but it needs Linux? Or perhaps, it's something like a bad card.

Maybe the new card has a different file system setup?
    But anyway, apps like FB only see gray thumbnails and pull up gray pictures, from my SD default camera file.

Everything was fine with the old card. Which I'll be putting back in if I can't fix this.

Any help appreciated.
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    06-06-2017 12:15 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html.
    06-06-2017 02:03 PM