I am moderately hearing impaired. so while talking on phone to my son (I am in India and he is in USA) I was not hearing him clearly. so I thought I can use a wired headphone connected though headphone jack in the cellphone,. Yes I am able to hear him loudly and somewhat clearly. But my son is not able to hear me clearly and asked me to disconnect the headphone. Does this mean inserting headphone into headphone jack in the cell phone disturbs the mic in the cell phone and that is why he is not able to hear. I would like to have technical clarifiction and whether there is any solution
    06-06-2017 03:11 AM
    🙋Some earphones designed for use with phones have a built-in microphone. Perhaps that is what you ought to be using.
    06-06-2017 05:00 AM
    No the headphone jack won't affect the audio level of your phone's microphone. It sounds like when you're using your headphones that you're no longer holding your phone up by your head, so with your mouth not being next to the microphone (located at the bottom edge of your phone) it is no longer close enough to pick up your voice.
    When you're using your headphones try keeping your phone close to your mouth, or at least to be more specific hold the bottom of your phone (where the microphone is) close to your mouth.
    06-06-2017 09:49 AM