Hi
    My Android 4.1.2 Pentagram Combo phone has recently been undergoing system degeneration; I wonder if there is any help other than system reinstall.

When I installed 360 antivirus, the notification bar disappeared, so I lost notification menu.

Later, also play, gmail and inbox lost connection to the internet. These are definitely two separate things, but combined, they render the phone hardly useable.

Can you please help?

To fix notification, I have tried to start systemui.apk app with es folder application (says it can't be started), and to fix google applications, I cleared their caches, disabled and enabled each of them, including download manager and google services - and restarting. No difference
    06-06-2017 02:15 PM
    Welcome to the forum, and sorry for all the problems. You've done quite a bit already, but it sounds to me that you're at the factory reset stage. Have you tried that?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    06-06-2017 02:20 PM
    I have done factory reset before, but what stops me is that I have done so much tweaking to the system, that it would be a nightmare to recreate that. First of all, the system was updated, then rooted, then sd partitioned, then dozens of apps installed and configured .Is there no way to fix the notification bar? Also, the google app connection - this looks like one thing that needs fixing.
    06-06-2017 04:01 PM
    I sympathize with you, I wouldn't want to do that either after all that work, but with all the pretty major system level problems you're seeing, I can't come up with anything else to suggest. Sorry
    06-06-2017 04:38 PM
    That was actually a great idea. Using Titianium backups I had, getting the system back to its better self was a breeze. And I didn't know that sd card division into two parts - fat32 and ex2 would be honored by the system. Somehow it was. Thanks.
    06-17-2017 05:21 AM