How can I get Google Assistant and Maps to use the speaker when I'm connected to the car?

A

AC Question

Not everyone uses the phone as their full entertainment device. I like to listen to the radio (terrestrial and satellite). When the phone is connected, all media audio is directed through bluetooth. This is fine if I'm streaming, but when I'm not, the assistant (and maps) play through the BT media.

Is there a way to get it to not use BT media when connected to the car?

I've tried the separate app sound setting under Sounds and vibration settings. Selected the Google TTS which didn't work.

I've been switching between Android Auto and Car Home Ultra as my app when driving.

I'm hoping it's a setting buried amon menus somewhere.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No way around that, unfortunately, unless you have a car with MirrorLink support (and a compatible phone) or Android Auto. Your car will only route calls directly if you're using Radio, but every other audio bit is taken as Media Audio output, so unless you're using your phone to stream audio, Maps or Assistant will not be able to use the car system's speakers.

It's not a setting, it's a limitation on how BT connections are handled for 'generic' devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol