I am running 6.0.1 Marshmallow on a Note Edge. I need to block a spam texter, and I tried to follow the tutorial here: [never mind it won't let me put the link in BECAUSE IT'S MARKING ME AS SPAM IRONICALLY] Beyond frustrated.

How do I get my spam filter back. Also, before you suggest it, adding the number to the Auto Reject list only blocks phone calls, not texts.
    06-07-2017 02:21 PM
    To block the sender of a text message, you need to use your texting app to add the sender to the block/reject list.
    This list is separate from the caller block/reject list.
    06-07-2017 02:46 PM
    OMG. I just said there is no spam filter in the texting app. I am not stupid. I followed the tutorial, but when it comes to the "click spam filter" I can't BECAUSE THERE IS NO SPAM FILTER OPTION.

And yes, I already acknowledged that the auto reject in the phone app does not block texts.

How do I get the spam filter back?
    06-07-2017 08:38 PM
    Can't block spam texts because no spam filter option-screenshot_2017-06-07-20-41-20.jpg

See? No spam filter option. It is gone.
    06-07-2017 08:47 PM
    OK, now see what you are saying. It is a terminology problem. What you are looking for is not a "spam filter". It is the "block list" or "reject list" or "black list". (I have no idea what tutorial you may have watched.)

Which messaging app is that?

What is listed in the 3-dot menu?

If you cannot get to the block list from the settings menu, you might be able to get there by selecting a message from the user you want to block, then tapping the 3-dot menu.
    06-08-2017 01:49 AM
    OK, now see what you are saying. It is a terminology problem. What you are looking for is not a "spam filter". It is the "block list" or "reject list" or "black list". (I have no idea what tutorial you may have watched.)

Which messaging app is that?

What is listed in the 3-dot menu?

If you cannot get to the block list from the settings menu, you might be able to get there by selecting a message from the user you want to block, then tapping the 3-dot menu.
    Don't you hate it when you realise the person trying to help is using up more energy than just trying to sort it yourself? Hence he gave up answering these obvious Qs.
    02-25-2018 12:10 AM