I've been using my Galaxy J7 for about a year now, with no problems. Last night, it started charging very slowly. So slow that I was getting the warning message, "Device charging slowly, please use original charger" (or something like that, I don't have it turned on right now to see).

The problem is, I've tried three different chargers, including the factory charger that came with the phone, and they all have the same issues. It takes hours to get even 60-70% charged, which is way worse than before. To be clear: until last night, my phone was running damn near perfectly.

The only thing that's changed in the last 24 hours is that I downloaded an update for a popular mobile game, Marvel: Future Fight. Bear in mind, this is a reputable app from the Play Store, and I've been playing the game for over a year, through multiple updates, and I've never had a problem like this. But I'm not ruling out that some part of it is mucking up my phone (though multiple people on the MFF forum who use Android phones report having no issues with the update). Or perhaps some other kind of bad file got onto my phone without me even realizing it, just by viewing websites.

Has anyone encountered this before? Any advice? Does it sound like a software or hardware problem? If I took it to the authorized retailer I got it from - in my case a Metro-PCS/T-Mobile store - would they be able to help me at all?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    06-07-2017 03:54 PM
    It may be a bad USB lead, but I imagine you've tried more than one. It could be a bad or dirty USB port. There are other possibilities.

Try charging in Safe Mode to test the possibility of third-party app trouble.
    06-07-2017 04:19 PM
    It could also, "possibly" be a bad battery. Try entering recovery, and doing a wipe of the "cache partition," its worth a shot....this of course is taking into consideration that what Belodion suggested is not the issues; try his suggestion(s) for sure.
    06-07-2017 04:47 PM