I recently started to play around with launchers. Nova Launcher seems to be very popular. I got it running on my phone but noticed I do not get the numerical popup indicators (I think they are called badges) for common apps like VZ Messenger +, VZ Voicemail, Google messenger etc.. I got them fine with the last launcher I used. I'm not sure if that was stock default Moto Z Force launcher, Action 3 or Google Now launcher. I got on some forums & they said to get the app TeslaUnread. I got it & I still don't get the badges. I tried the most common tips, make sure your apps you want like VZ Mess+ are flipped to "ON" inside the TeslaUnread app. Then go to Settings on the phone & put both Nova Launcher & TeslaUnread into "Not Battery Optimized". I rebooted & still no change. I always get the alerts at the top of the home screen like normal, but I liked it when my voicemail or txt apps would show I had 3 or 4 waiting messages. Am I missing something? How do I fix this? Is this an issue with the phone settings of the launcher? Are there cooler/better Launchers to try?
    Thanks!
    06-07-2017 04:29 PM
    Hi there, what phone do you have? What version of Android is it running?
    06-07-2017 05:39 PM
    Moto Z Force & lastest Android 7.0

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm also using the free version of Nova launcher not the paid upgraded version. I've read for what I'm looking for (getting the badges/alerts to work) I don't need the paid version.
    06-09-2017 09:43 AM
    My bad everyone...I didn't notice in Nova settings that there is a grayed out option called "Notification badges". Its only available with Prime version of Nova launcher, thus the reason I'm having the badge issue. Seems like there are a lot of free launchers out there. Not sure I wanna buy a launcher. Thanks for the help!
    06-09-2017 02:53 PM