Well known problem: every update of apps, apps are moved back to internal storage, which if full, while sd card has GB's of free disk space. I want to move big apps to internal card, en them to stay there, also, i want to move big apps like facebook and google maps to sd card, is that even possible, and I want them to stay there forever and never move back to internal memory
    htc one m8

1. I could root the phone
    2. I could not root the phone, and change the default install location to sd card in developer mode I suppose
    3. any easier way?
    06-08-2017 07:48 AM
    Welcome to the forum. I don't think either of your options would work, the phones and OS's are not designed to work that way. Maybe a custom ROM would, I don't know enough about those. Regardless, with all the problems I see here with SD cards I would not want to do that if I could.

Some of the apps are capable of being moved to the SD card and will be so indicated in the Apps settings for each one. But, you can't move the entire app and, as you stated, an update will most likely return it.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-08-2017 12:52 PM