Want to transfer photos and files from Samsung Galaxy J5 phone to Samsung Tab S2 tablet. Tries but can't connect using Bluetooth or WiFi and Samsung's 'SmartSwitch' doesn't work either.
    06-09-2017 12:13 PM
    Welcome to the forum. What errors or messages are you seeing and which apps are you using to try and copy the files. Do your phone and tablet both have SD card slots? If so that would be an easy option.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-09-2017 12:24 PM
    Samsung SmartSwitch app works Tab S2 to J5, but not other way, I get this message on J5 phone
    "Can't connect
    Make sure Smart Switch is open on your new Galaxy device. To connect manually,enter the PIN below on your new Galaxy device"
    "Using high frequency audio to search for your new galaxy device"
    The PIN didn't work and the TAB S2 continued to say "Connecting to old device"
    Don't know what the "high frequency audio" is all about, but the PIN should work? There is no microphone on the Tab S2 - it's the 713 version.
    Choosing photo in 'Gallery' on J5 phone and 'share' and Bluetooth. Tab S2 is shown on list. After about a minute of 'Sending' message "Sending failed"
    Similarly with WiFi Direct

I might add that I can transfer files between the devices by plugging both into a laptop; but I want to do it directly without this or using the internet.
    06-09-2017 12:55 PM
    Okay, thanks for the clarification. Don't know why the bluetooth copy isn't working, but I would assume on the receiving end. It sounds like your best bet is using the laptop, sometimes what we want to do just doesn't work.
    06-09-2017 03:04 PM
    Thanks for that. I might email Samsung to ask about this situation!
    06-09-2017 03:25 PM
    I might email Samsung to ask about this situation!
    Please report back to the thread if you get a fix from them.
    06-09-2017 03:36 PM
    Well, Samsung came back fairly quickly:
    "With regards to the issue, Make sure both devices within 10 cm (around 4 in) of each other.
    Then, check if there is enough available memory on your receiving device.
    1. From the home screen tap Apps.
    2. Tap Settings.
    3. Tap Storage.
    Clear the cache and data of the 'Smart Switch' app on both devices (if possible.)
    To clear an app's cache and data go to
    1. From the home screen, select Applications.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select Applications.
    4. Select Application manager.
    5. Swipe right to All.
    6. Select Smartswitch.
    7. Select Clear cache then, Clear data.
    Turn your device off for 20 seconds, and then turn it back on.
    Has this solved your issue? If not, Uninstall the Smart Switch app and then download it again.
    It is recommended that you try the Smart Switch process with another device, to see if the fault is with the receiving device or sending device.
    If you don't have access to another device, then please try an alternative way of transferring your data.".....

Tried all that, no success. So I've been looking at other apps for file transfer. Most will transfer the whole folder. But they all work! Samsung get Smart Switch fixed!

Now on a mission to find a file transfer app that will:
    Allow one or several files or photos to be transferred (NOT the lot!)
    Allow transfer of one or several files or photos from the SD card to be transferred.
    06-12-2017 10:02 AM