Music player - tag changes won't apply

A

AC Question

I use music player i got with the phone (blue icon with note on it). The problem is that I can't change tags of the songs.

Example:

Some time ago I uploaded to my phone my entire Black Sabbath discography on it. In my tags Artist was set like this: THE Black Sabbath. Since then I uploaded lots of music but now I have too much bands whos names start with THE. so I decided to remove THE from the artist name and leave it just BLACK SABBATH. but change won't apply. It's still THE Black Sabbath.

Any advice?

thanks

Viktor Kvaternik

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
Of course

I edited files on my pc (db poweramp). Uploaded it back on phones and no changes. Like my phone remembers and links the files to their old artist name that he has in cache or something. i tried to copy it many times to different folders. nothing.

do you have any other advice

thank you very much sir

deadinbedness

Aug 21, 2020
Visit site
Have you ever found solution? Trying to change ''The Black Eyed Peas'' to ''Black Eyed Peas'', no matter what I do it won't change. It changes when I remove every other letter, but it keeps linking these two names, with several songs, even if I put that name to a song that's not even theirs.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried editing the ID3 tag information for the music files on your computer? You can use Windows Media Player for that, or Media Monkey (which is a free program to install).

deadinbedness

Aug 21, 2020
Visit site
Yes I used Media Monkey, it shows the correct name on my computer, but when i transfer it to my phone, preview always shows the previous name. I tried editing it with several apps for mp3 tag edit, but each of them shows the previous name. So it seems that the problem isn't my music player nor the apps, my phone keeps remembering that name before the change. I deleted all data and cache and even apps, but it didn't work. At this point I'm just stunned how stubborn this name is

IceCat7

Feb 2, 2022
Visit site
Hey, I had this problem also with Music Player for my android phone. Going to phone settings, apps, Music Player app and then deleting both cache and app data was the fix!