My battery phone easily become low bat

Ugly Duckling

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi, lately my phone suddenly keep being low battery easily caused by media storage. I don't know how to fix this. i keep charged my phone multiple times in a day. and it also caused my phone become overheat when my battery been consumed. can you please help me. tq
type of phone is asus zenfone 5

Ugly Duckling

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
hi, yeah. i've been using SD card. what do you mean 'does the problem persist with the card unmounted and removed?', i don't understand. i just got notified my battery phone been drainage by media storage. i click button close. but after several minutes, same things happened.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, SD cards, or what is on them, sometimes cause trouble. It may be worth temporarily removing it diagnostically. But of course that has to be done properly....Unmount and then Remove, in Settings, Storage.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
okay. I already unmount n remove my SD card. now, i just need to keep my phone awake (because of this problem i have to turn off my phone to save my battery)

I would suggest rebooting the device and then give it a full charge. Use the device like you would normally for the next day and see if that helps.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
1. can you please give me step by step how to reboot my phone?
2. is that my phone's data will be erase after i reboot my phone?
my phone type asus ZenFone 5

Press and hold the power button. You should get options to turn off the phone, possibly a reboot. Choose either option. If you power down, let it be off for a few seconds and press and hold the power button to turn it back on.

This won't delete any data.

Ugly Duckling

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
Press and hold the power button. You should get options to turn off the phone, possibly a reboot. Choose either option. If you power down, let it be off for a few seconds and press and hold the power button to turn it back on.

This won't delete any data.

my power off button just consist
1. shut down
2. restart
3. aeroplane mode
4. silent, vibrate, sound

Ugly Duckling

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
I already done it but the same thing happened again. , i just left my phone not almost an hour and my battery from 85% suddenly goes to 40%. and i got the same notification that mention my battery has been drainage by media storage. as you probably know, asus ZenFone 5 didn't have battery, so how am gonna change my battery, if actually the problem is cause by my battery is broken?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You can try pulling all files like music and pictures you don't want to lose off the phone and then delete them off the phone. Do another reboot and see if that helps.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
This is a problem I actually noticed on custom ROMs that have bugs in them. Sometimes they never stop loading the CPU if you have a big SD card in. If you are using a stock ROM, the try and do a complete reflash. If that does not help, try putting a stable build of LineageOS or some other ROM on your device.

Ugly Duckling

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
hmm, i didn't quite understand it. can you please explain it in more human explanation? ??????
i already removed my SD card, even reset n backup my phone data. and deleted some data.but it still say media storage drainage my battery. i looked at my power statistics, media storage consume 31.5% (included package is media storage, downloads, download manager)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12