Never had Android before so I'm completely new to it. Being a Nokia fan I have decided to buy one of their new phones when it comes out. But I have some questions:

1. Nokia Lumia had a cool feature called 'glance screen' in which the clock and notifications are shown in white when the phone is locked. Is there anyhing similar on Android?

2. I personally love the dark theme of Windows Phone but on Android the theme is white. Can it be customised so that everything (e.g. menu background etc.) is black instead of white?

3. The phone will be released this month. How long will it take till I'll be able to root it?
    06-12-2017 12:45 PM
    1. Always On Display - but it seems not all devices have/support it.

2. This might be accomplished with a 3rd-party launcher (Nova/Nova Prime is a popular one) but some stuff those just can't touch. If Nokia allows themes, this might be accomplished there as well.

3. This is anyone's guess. Some devices have it same-day, some never get it.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-12-2017 01:23 PM