If all calls are made through Google Voice , what about 911?

A

AC Question

I have a T-Mobile phone with GV installed. I use the GV widget which lets you toggle how calls are placed through native dialer.

The choice's are basically 1) use device number 2) use gv number 3) prompt etc

If I use gv number for all calls and I dial 911 from native dialer is GV smart ugh to route call through device?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile phone with GV installed. I use the GV widget which lets you toggle how calls are placed through native dialer.

The choice's are basically 1) use device number 2) use gv number 3) prompt etc

If I use gv number for all calls and I dial 911 from native dialer is GV smart ugh to route call through device?

If you are on Google Voice and dial 911 and hit the call button the stock dialer will pop up and make the call. Google Voice is smart enough to understand it can't do 911 :)

jmsnyc

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried 511, which is emergency roadside assistance in my state and I get a pop-up Google voice failed with option to use devices number. I hope that doesn't happen with 911 because that would be a few seconds lost in an emergency. Again, this is using the native dialer with the gv widget toggled to place all calls using GV number

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried 511, which is emergency roadside assistance in my state and I get a pop-up Google voice failed with option to use devices number. I hope that doesn't happen with 911 because that would be a few seconds lost in an emergency. Again, this is using the native dialer with the gv widget toggled to place all calls using GV number

511 is a lot different than 911, I doubt you would have the same issues with 911

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary