Screen randomly turning off and then on

A

AC Question

Since some day ago, my SM-G800F with KitKat started to randomly turn screen off while i'm using the phone and immediately afterwards screen turns itself on. This cycle often repeats many times and then stops for a while.

It is like locking/unlocking screen because when the issue succeeds and the phone is charging, the notification led become red like happens when the phone is locked and charging.

I already tried to run save mode and do factory mode, but nothing changes

If it can help, my dad has the same phone but there are no problems.

ico2k2

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
I'M THE AUTHOR OF THIS QUESTION: I'm new here so yesterday I wasn't logged in.
I'm sorry if this and the previous post contain grammatical mistakes, but I'm an Italian teenager.
I couldn't change my battery with my dad's one, however I fixed the issue. I connected my S5 mini to my Win XP pc (long life to Win XP!!) and using Android Studio, I read system logs and I found this:

06-15 17:56:11.324 8040-8040/? D/SViewCoverView: BroadcastReceiver onReceive() : action : android.intent.action.SCREEN_OFF
06-15 17:56:11.324 8040-8040/? D/SViewCoverView: Move to page : HomePage
06-15 17:56:11.624 8040-8040/? D/SViewCoverView: BroadcastReceiver onReceive() : action : android.intent.action.SCREEN_ON
06-15 17:56:11.804 8040-8040/? D/SViewCoverView: BroadcastReceiver onReceive() : action : android.intent.action.SCREEN_OFF
06-15 17:56:11.804 8040-8040/? D/SViewCoverView: Move to page : HomePage
06-15 17:56:12.169 8040-8040/? D/SViewCoverView: BroadcastReceiver onReceive() : action : android.intent.action.SCREEN_ON

So it's my Samsung magnetic cover that causes the issue: I used the phone without that cover and all went well.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, and welcome as a new member. :)
Using the system logs to find the cause of the trouble was a stroke of genius*. Your post may also help other users who experience similar problems.

I had no difficulty in understand your English, which is of a high standard. :)

If, at any time, now or in the future, you wish to introduce yourself to the Community, this is the place:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...tral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159&share_type=sf

Edit: *Another team member has suggested 'genio al lavoro' as the nearest Italian equivalent.

Last edited:

ico2k2

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, and welcome as a new member. :)
Using the system logs to find the cause of the trouble was a stroke of genius*. Your post may also help other users who experience similar problems.

I had no difficulty in understand your English, which is of a high standard. :)

If, at any time, now or in the future, you wish to introduce yourself to the Community, this is the place:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...tral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159&share_type=sf

Edit: *Another team member has suggested 'genio al lavoro' as the nearest Italian equivalent.

Thank you, I joined.

Yes, "genio al lavoro" is right. It means "genie at work".

Last edited:

ico2k2

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
For English readers:
Now the trouble is: it's the cover that causes the issue or, :'(, the magnetic sensor of the phone? So now I'll try a new cover like the old one.

Per lettori italiani:
Ora il problema è: tutto ciò è causato proprio dalla custodia stessa o, :'(, dal sensore magnetico del telefono? Quindi ora proverò a mettere una nuova custodia uguale alla vecchia.

ico2k2

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
For English readers:
There's nothing to do. With the new cover cycle started again. So now I'll think what to do.

Per lettori italiani:
Niente da fare. Con la nuova custodia il problema si è manifestato di nuovo. Ora penserò a cosa fare.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante