Questions on WHA setup using chromecast audio

A

AC Question

So we're building our house and i'm 99% certain that I'm going to be using Chromecast Audio as my streaming solution for WHA.

I'll be running a 6 zone amp from niles along with a Russound P75 to power everything.

My plan is to have the Niles amp running 6 zones or 2 speakers each and the Russound powering 1 zone (family room) with 4 speakers.

So, this means i'll be running 7 Chromecast.

Anything to be cautious of? Was planning to just run off wifi, do i need to be concerned about signal strength running that many chromecast? I thought i read somewhere that by wiring one chromecast to ethernet it can improve reliability? Is this the case? We're building, so i can run ethernet to the audio closet if needed.

Going with Chromecast as its the easiest way to get WHA where i can control zones and volumes remotely without spending thousands... all in, looking at just over $200 for the chromecasts and that will allow me to cast to each zone and control the volumes...

Just looking to use this for general listening and parties, running Polk RC80i for the entire house.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, was planning to control all this using an Ipad, are there any major differences in using an android device that would make it worthwhile to purchase an android pad?

Thanks for the beginner questions.